Saturday, April 19, 2008

across the room

You. You, with your shoulders far broader than your hips like the anatomy of a man, with your voice of more cigarettes than you could have smoked in your twenty-some years: I see through you. You assert yourself only to men, a confidence betraying a scar, while you hide breasts under the ample neutrality of your sweatshirt. You show your neck, though, under your shock-short hair, you show your face to the world and for that I admire you. I know your hardness, your defiance, your immovability is the strength from many battles.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember your comment about her. I think the lack of clarity in her expression makes me think of her timidity as something more general. She first walked in when we were talking about some interpretive idea, so I think thats why she shyed away from talking that much the first day. Last time she just addressed the proffessor and seemed to hope he would know what she meant. It seems more of an issue of feeling accademic inadequacy. She was glad to find a similarity besides poetry that "she knows nothing about" and I think thats why she talked to him about oklahoma.

I think her knowledge of Kurt Cobain and hairsyle might fit her into a more grunge or chav fashion group.

She's insteresting, sometimes friendly. I'm not sure strong came accross to me. But mabye.

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home