Sunday, September 02, 2007

of sea and sand and sea again after

See how the sea washes over the sand? There is too much water for the sand and the beach is hidden when the sea meets the rocks. Did you ever think of coming along and living life with me?

Beneath the protruding bluff I grasp the stone and lightly climb on the rocks that reach out in to the sea. I walk out father and watch the colours in the water surging around me. See that green shot with brown, and that pale, pale blue that just thinks of being green in places? Your eyes are like that last. I didn't even know that that colour could be found in the ocean, but with each crash of waves it stares up at me again.

When the water drains out from the rocks, it makes small streams for a moment, with tiny waterfalls and currents. And when the rocks are bared of water it leaves a bed of shells. I step down to examine them and the water crashes in around my knees. I look at the place where my legs dissappear in the surf and think contentedly of water and wind and the way my skirt and hair are lifted away from my body. Do you know that some people live like this? Just watching the hermit craps fight and catching fingers in the anenemes. There are people, I think, who ask for nothing more than all the world spread out around them, and finding they have that, are content. Do you ever think of living life with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home