Friday, August 31, 2007

"Lay on thy whips, oh love"

The idea is to get to the still center, the quite place. Sometimes I step above my life and I see how all of these things meet in the silent axis, and I'm filled with a terrible longing to get out of this, and into that. I want to know the whole, and not merely the parts. I want to give up pursuing little things and get to what is most fully real. But when I think of how to do this, I know that all of my love and desires, and all of my weak prayers are in search of this, and seem to get me nowhere but whirling faster around the circle. The silent place is just beyond, and I can't get to it. I have an idea though, that in the end, the quite place overtakes you. Somehow, someday, by grace or a gift, or some free merriment of the universe, I think we will find that we have arrived at the peace of the center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home