Friday, January 23, 2015

train poems

Red orchard branches,
red, for winter
A long tired
afternoon light
White barn
glowing pink
in the sunset
----
Inside the cold winter earth
the moist clay roots are
moving imperceptibly;
To me something like
birth and also death.
----
Crossing the desert again
I am surprised I have forgotten
how people live in America:
       Heaters, coolers, cars
       Shopping centers-
       Lowes and Target
This day our daily bread.
----
That long green murmur
that creeps over the land
after the first winter rain
is somehow my own spirit
leaping up there.
      I am astonished by
      this quickening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just righting right now because of the title of your writing. I will read forward and hope you will want me to comment.

Train is something I love

the idea of a lot of people safe in a narrow world traveling somewhere together just has momentary accent of lovely

I want a 3 way phone conversation with you and E

I would hope it could be recorded and entered into the active archives.


all that I own is going fluid

going elsewhere and with who I

don't know

I think you might get mugged for what you might bring back to your cities.

so

marc@nestofthephoenix.net

apprentice event schedulers arise

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home